Thursday, February 15, 2007

Brett Rivelle - Poster

Biography of Milton Glaser:



Milton Glaser (born June 26, 1929) is a graphic designer, best known for his "Bob Dylan" poster, the I Love New York logo, and the "DC bullet" logo used by DC Comics from 1977 to 2005. He also founded New York Magazine with Clay Felker in 1968.Throughout his career he has had a major impact on contemporary illustration and design. His work has won numerous awards from Art Directors Clubs, the American Institute of Graphic Arts, the Society of Illustrators and the Type Directors Club. Milton Glaser also designed soup can labels and many other works of art in his career. Written by: Brett Rivelle



Why did you choose your designer?


I chose this designer because of his simplicity and creativeness in his work.

What did you learn?


I feel that I learned more about the designer that was behind
the logos that I have seen many times in my life.

What did you like about doing the project?


I liked designing the poster that was based on another person.

I received my associates degree in Art in 2005 from Gaston College and transferred to ASU in 2005. I am a senior at
Appalachian State and my major is Graphic Art and Imaging Technology with a minor in general Business. I am expected to graduate in December 2007. I enjoy drawing, cars, and movies. I am originally from Gastonia, NC.
Contact Brent

No comments: