Friday, March 30, 2007

Claire Walker - Poster

Storm Thorgerson was born in 1944. He formed Hipgnosis in 1968 with Aubrey Powell which was a graphic design studio that made album covers for Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Paul McCartney, the Styx, etc. He formed Greenback Films and made eock videos. He also made a documentary called The Art of Tripping that explored the connection between drugs and artists. He was interesting in photography and also directed short films for Pink Floyd.

I choose Storm Thorgerson because when I looked at his website before signing up for him, I liked everything that he had done. His website was really interesting and all of his album covers and cd labels were very different and they were all sort of neat and abstract. I like some of the artists that he did covers for so i can tell from some of the music why he choose to make the cover like he did. He's very talented and you can see that in every thing he does.

The things that I got out of the project is more experience working with the programs and doing everything by myself. After adding something to my poster, I looked to see what I could do to change it and make it better. There were some things that looked good and some things that didn't fit so I saw what needed to be improved. After the critque at the Mellow Mushroom, I know now what I need to do overall to make my presentation better.

The things that I liked about doing the project was seeing everyone else's work. I like everything I saw and I'm excited about the upcoming project to see what else everyone can do. I also learned a lot about artists that I have never heard of before and there were some that I liked a lot and want to see what else they have done besides the work that was displayed on the poster.

No comments: